Hello and welcome!
Appointments are available between 9 am and 5 pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays.
A few Saturday appointments are also available, by video only. Please inquire if interested.
Online booking is available for your convenience:
CURRENT OR RECENT CLIENTS*: Click here to schedule a therapy session
PREVIOUS CLIENTS RETURNING AFTER 6+ MONTHS: Please message me prior to booking
NEW CLIENTS: Please read the information below and book a free initial consultation here
(If you see initial consultation spots in the schedule, that means I am currently accepting new clients!)
* If you're a patient of mine in the Long Covid clinic at AHS, please call me there at 780-407-5633. If you're a former patient of mine in Psychosocial Oncology, you can request a new therapist by calling 780-643-4304.
Are you looking for a caring and experienced therapist in Edmonton?
My therapeutic style is rooted in empathy, compassion, and trauma-informed, evidence-based practice. I use various approaches such as CBT (cognitive-behavioural therapy), EMDR (eye movement desensitization and reprocessing), ART (accelerated resolution therapy), ACT (acceptance and commitment therapy), mindfulness, and solution-focused therapy. I have over 20 years of experience as a psychologist.
I welcome adult individuals of all genders, sexual orientations, and ethnicities who are looking for help with:
- chronic stress and challenging life situations
- high anxiety, persistent worry, panic attacks, and phobias
- insomnia (trouble falling or staying asleep)
- difficult or toxic relationships with family members
- binge-eating or other compulsive eating behaviours
- depression, including post-partum (as well as other perinatal mood and anxiety disorders)
- traumatic experiences such as abuse or assault, including PTSD
- childhood emotional neglect or having a "narcissistic" parent
- grief following a loved one's death or being diagnosed with a serious illness
- breakups, separation, divorce, and blended family adjustment
- mid-life and "sandwich generation" issues
- life stage transitions such as new parenthood, "empty nest" or retirement
- other concerns - please feel free to contact me with any questions!
Please note that at this time, I do not provide: couples' or family counselling; formal psychological assessments (such as fitness-to-work or ADHD testing); or services for workplace psychological injuries (Workers' Compensation Board) or cases with legal/court involvement.
Psychologists' practice guidelines recommend avoiding potential dual relationships and conflicts of interest with clients. Therefore, I cannot see the partner/close family member of a current or recent client; and I cannot see a current or recent patient of mine from Alberta Health Services (see notes above). I also am unable to see teachers/staff from Strathcona high school. I would be happy to provide referrals to trusted colleagues in the above circumstances.
When you're ready to take the next step:
You can also contact me with any questions about my practice, therapeutic style, or availability.